Tuesday, March 13, 2012

D-Day -1

Today is a hectic day.
Today, I will finish my preparations for my summer adventures.
That means I need to finish packing all of my things, and I need to be prepared--prepared in the sense that I need to be ready to live on almost no money for the next couple of weeks.
Thanks to a tip from a friend; last night I went dumpster diving with my roommate Mark, and we got a great haul that's going to to help me out for the next week or more. We found 12 loaves of (awesome) black pepper asiago cheese bread, a frozen dinner and a frozen appetizer!
There are lots of things I would like to do today, but I will only be able to do a few of them. I'm going to go to the gym to say goodbye (to the gym and the people) and for the first time I'm going to sit down with my roommates to drink a beer with them. It will be the first time I've drank an entire beer--ever.

I've started this blog as a means for people who are interested, to keep a pulse on my whereabouts and activities. I don't think what I do or who I am warrants a blog, but the fact that I will be out of communication in almost every other way does.
I'm going to post updates as I am able to, and I hope to add some longer essays on subjects that people often ask me about, such as how I got started toward this day, and some basic autobiographic information.

I'd like to make a bigger splash, but for now, I have important things to accomplish on this day, so that I am able and prepared to accomplish better things on the days succeeding.

5 comments:

  1. How was that beer? Hard to get through. Beer takes practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you, sir. May Girl Walk forever be in your heart and either ear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jm, the beer was good! Well, actually, I kept telling myself that "I thought I disliked beer a lot more than this".
    After the beer we had a bread fight. Think "swords" with baguettes. Gotta love dumpster diving.
    Thanks for the positive thoughts, Ryan. I'm going to take Girl Walk/Talk and dancing with me wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, the googs has me showing up as jm? I thought I changed that... jm = Joe Momma. But really Joe Momma = My Momma in this instance. It has backfired on me! Anyway, I find myself thinking the same thing about beer.

    ReplyDelete